Why Penn State
Penn State Is One of America’s Most Respected Universities
Penn State is a leading research university, known around the world for its excellence in engineering, business, the sciences, agriculture, and high-tech innovations.
- Penn State is listed among top universities in North America by Times Higher Education in its world university rankings.
- In September 2010, Penn State was ranked the top institution in the United States for producing the best-prepared, most well-rounded graduates who are most able to succeed once they are hired, according to a Wall Street Journal survey.
- Newsweek magazine names Penn State as one of its top 50 global universities.
The IECP at Penn State offers high quality academic English preparation
For more than 30 years, the IECP at Penn State has been welcoming students like you. The teachers:
- have earned their master’s degree or have internationally recognized teaching qualifications
- are members of the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) organization
- have lived in other countries
- have learned other languages themselves
- have a lot of experience in cross-cultural learning
- understand the cultural adjustments that students have to make
The IECP is among an elite group of high-caliber programs worldwide that are accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation. The IECP also is a member of the American Association of Intensive English Programs.
IECP Students Meet People from Around the World
While studying in the IECP, you can make friendships to last a lifetime. Learning about each other as you learn English makes the IECP a wonderful place to gain more understanding about many different cultures.
Study English at the IECP; Prepare to Attend Penn State
When you learn English at the IECP, your language classes help to prepare you for studies at Penn State or other English-medium universities.