How to Apply
IECP Admission Requirements:
To apply in the IECP, you must:
- be 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma
- provide an official transcript (grades) that reflects academic success at the most recent institution of study. Academic success means that the applicant has completed, and excelled in all academic coursework including English.
Starting with Summer 2016 applicants, the IECP no longer requires a standardized test (TOEFL or IELTS) score for admission. However, to ensure that a prospective student is prepared for the work in our program, it is expected that the individual has an English proficiency level equivalent toat least a 24 TOEFL ibt score (370 PB) or a 4 IELTS score.
If you are ready to become a student in the IECP, please see the steps below. For more information, look at the Dates & Costs page.
1. Apply to the IECP
Fill out our online application. You'll need to upload your passport photo page and your most recent high school or university transcripts.
Read important information about U.S. Student Visas
Please note: We require a $100 application fee. To pay online, follow the instructions after you complete your online application. To pay by check, mail the check (payable to The Pennsylvania State University) to the IECP Office at the address below. To pay by credit card, pay online or call the IECP Office between 9 am and 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) at 814-865-7550. We cannot accept credit card numbers by email or fax. The $100 application fee is nonrefundable.
2. Get accepted
It usually takes 3-5 days for the IECP to make an admission decision based on your transcripts. We require a complete application before making a decision and will notify you of the decision as soon as it is made.
While you are waiting for your admissions decisions, gather the following documents:
- You will need to get a statement from your bank (in English) that shows you have the money to live and study at Penn State.
- You will need to have a from your parents or sponsor (individual or governmental) that promises your financial support while you live and study in the IECP. (If you are supporting yourself, you do not need a letter from your parents or sponsor).
- If you are bringing dependents (spouse or children), you will need to provide their passport copies and evidence of financial support.
NOTE: The IECP cannot accept financial documents by email.
3. Apply for an immigration document through DISSA
After the IECP has made an admissions decision, you will get an email with directions to create a username and password to upload documents for the Directorate of International Student and Scholar Advising.
4. Arrange for shipping, make a visa appointment, and arrange for travel
After your admission is finalized, you need to arrange for shipment of your I-20 (or DS-2019) and admission packet through eshipglobal. Once you have your SEVIS number, make a visa appointment and the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. Read important information about U.S. Student Visas. All IECP students must attend Orientation, which begins one week before classes start.
If you need help with the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org remember to include your FULL NAME with any inquiries.
Penn State IECP
102 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802