Dates and Costs
|Summer 2017||Fall 2017||Spring 2018|
|Application Deadline*||April 1, 2017*||
July 7, 2017*
|October 27, 2017*|
|Arrival Day||May 13, 2017||August 12, 2017||
December 30, 2017
|Orientation Begins||May 15, 2017||August 14, 2017||January 2, 2018|
|Placement Test||May 16, 2017||August 15, 2017||January 3, 2018|
|Classes Begin||May 22, 2017||August 21, 2017||January 8, 2018|
|Classes End||July 14, 2017||December 8, 2017||April 27, 2018|
New applicants outside the U.S.: Visa processing can take up to 4 weeks. New students outside the U.S. who need a Penn State I-20 to obtain a student visa should submit all application materials NO LATER THAN 2 MONTHS before the IECP arrival day.
Transfer students currently in the U.S.: Transfer students currently living in the U.S. must submit all application materials (including a copy of your current I-20) no later than 1 MONTH before the IECP arrival day.
IECP policies on transfer student admissions:
- Require grade reports/transcripts from current IEP.
- Call the current IEP to ask about attendance or other problems—often find that the student’s status has been terminated by the program.
- Transfer students who have failed their last semester at a previous IEP must pass their first semester at the IECP or face dismissal. Transfer students who have passed their last semester are subject to the same 2-semester-fail you’re out rule.
- Sponsor students: Essential to get the start date of the FG for a transfer student – usually speak with their advisor once students arrive.
- Ask the current IEP if the student is eligible to be re-admitted – this usually demonstrates whether they have grade or attendance issues.
All costs described here are in U.S. dollars.
All applicants must pay a $100 application fee. This fee is nonrefundable and does not apply to IECP tuition.
How to pay:
To pay online with a Visa or Mastercard, please following the online instructions after you have completed your application. If you need to use the online payment option after you have submitted your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send a bank check or international money order for $100 U.S. dollars by post.
Make payable to The Pennsylvania State University.
To pay by credit card, call the office at 814-865-7550 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Eastern standard time. Contact the IECP office about wire/telex transfers.
We are unable to accept cash payments.
Tuition and Living Expenses
Tuition is $6,500 per semester. IECP collects tuition payments directly during Registration, which happens during orientation week before the semester begins.
|Pay to||Fall 2017||Spring 2018||2 Semesters||Annual SU17 - SP18|
|Health Insurance||Aetna Student Health||$1,400||$2,000||$3,400||$4,300|
- All F-1 and J-1 students need to provide evidence of financial support with their application. Details are provided during the application process.
- Expenses are slightly higher when calculated on a semester-by-semester basis.
For dependents, estimated additional insurance and living expenses are as follows:
For a full year
a spouse: $10,100 estimated
a child: $7,800 first and second child, $3,500 each additional child estimated
For a semester
a spouse: $2,300 to $4,500 estimated, depending on semester
a child: $1,800 to $3,500 estimated, depending on semester
The $100 application fee is nonrefundable.
If a student is dismissed from the program, no tuition will be refunded.
If a student withdraws from the program, a tuition refund will be made based on the week of the semester. Notification of withdrawal should be made in writing and delivered to the IECP office. The date on which the written notification is received by the IECP will determine the amount of the refund. Please see the current IECP Handbook for details about the IECP Tuition Refund Policy.