How to Apply
To apply to the Intensive English Communication Program, follow the steps below.
Apply to the IECP English language school and for a student visa.
Online IECP application form
Printable IECP and visa application form (Adobe PDF)
Read important information about U.S. Student Visas
Please note: We require a $100 application fee. To pay by check, mail the check (payable to The Pennsylvania State University) with your application to the address at the bottom of your application. To pay by credit card, call the IECP office at 814-865-7550 between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. EST.
Gather other documents.
- You will need to get a statement from your bank (in English) that shows you have the money to live and study at Penn State for 12 months.
- You will need to have a letter from your parents or sponsor (individual or governmental) that promises your financial support while you live and study at Penn State. (If you are supporting yourself, you do not need a letter from your parents or sponsor.)
- You will need to provide a copy of your passport photo page to prove your official information.
- If your sponsor is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, they must submit the original notarized I-134 Affidavit of Support.
Send the form, required documents, and application fee to the IECP.
Mail the required documents and your application fee to:
Intensive English Communication Program
The Pennsylvania State University
101 Ritenour Building
University Park, PA 16802 USA
Choose housing: off campus or on campus
To live off campus:
- Use this housing page for information and help.
- When you arrive for orientation, you will complete your housing arrangements
To live on campus:
- Apply for a "Friends of Penn State" User ID at http://fps.psu.edu
- Submit the request for on campus housing using either the online form or printable form.
Find more information on our Question and Answer page or the following links: