The IECP offers courses in Academic Interactions, Academic Literacies, Grammar for Interactions and Grammar for Literacies focused on academic English to help students prepare to study at institutions of higher learning in the U.S. We also have two modules Applied English: Science and Humanity and Test Skills: TOEFL or IELTS.
In the Intensive English Communication Program (IECP), you will study:
- Academic Interactions: Academic oral communication courses that prepare individuals for comprehension and production of Academic English in a variety of academic encounters
- Academic Literacies: Academic reading and writing courses that prepare individuals for written Academic English in a variety of academic contexts
- Grammar for Interactions: Complementary courses that prepare individuals for the grammar necessary for oral communication
- Grammar for Literacies: Complementary courses that prepare individuals for the grammar necessary for academic reading and writing
- *Applied English: Science and humanities courses that focus on content and language within those specific academic field
- Test Skills: Preparation courses that teach individuals test-taking strategies in TOEFLibt or IELTS
*These were successfully launched in Spring 2015 as "Modules".
The IECP has:
- Level 110: High Beginner
- Level 120: Intermediate
- Level 130: High Intermediate
- Level 140: Advanced
At the beginning of each semester, new students take a placement test. Based on the test results, IECP students are placed in the appropriate level. Students move from one level to the next by getting a grade of B (83) or higher.