Are you planning to study towards a degree in the U.S.?
Do you need to improve your academic English?
Do you have a strong academic background?
We welcome you to reach your academic goals through attending the Intensive English Communication Program (IECP) at The Pennsylvania State University (Penn State) in State College, Pennsylvania.
IECP Spring 2015 Photo
The Intensive English Communication Program
is a premiere intensive English language program, founded in 1976.
offers cutting-edge instruction as part of a rigorous academic English curriculum.
offers additional help for students through the IECP Tutoring Center (ITC).
offers IECP Certification to meet Penn State’s English language requirements.
employs experienced and professional instructors to help you reach your goals.
is part of the Department of Applied Linguistics, whose faculty are experts in effective second language learning and teaching techniques.
is affiliated with the Center for Research on English Language Learning and Teaching (CRELLT), which researches the constitution of teaching, learning and other practices found in intensive English Language programs designed specifically for non-native English speaking international students.
is located on the flagship University Park campus of a major research university, Penn State, in Central Pennsylvania, a safe and beautiful area of the United States.
is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) and belongs to English USA, the American Association of Intensive English Programs.
IECP Admission Requirements
To be considered for enrollment in the IECP, you must
- be 18 years of age
- have a high school diploma
- have received the minimum English exam score on one of the following:
- - TOEFL (min. 24 iBT or 370 PBT)
- - IELTS (min. 4)
- - IECP Admissions Assessment (click here for more information or contact Tom Spencer at email@example.com)
- provide an official transcript (grades) that reflects academic success at the most recent institution of study. Academic success means that the applicant has completed, and excelled in all academic coursework including English.
Intensive English Communication Program
The Pennsylvania State University
102 Ritenour Building
University Park PA 16802 USA